Senator JD Vance is proud to nominate qualified candidates from our state for our nation’s Military Academies. Each applicant must complete a thorough application and selection process, ensuring that the most qualified candidates are nominated to lead our service men and women.
Candidates who wish to apply for a nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 17 years of age, but not older than 23 by July 1 of the year of admission
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be an Ohio Resident
- Be unmarried and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents
Applying for a Nomination
As a student interested in attending one of the Service Academies, you must first contact the Academy directly to open a pre-candidate file. Next, download the nomination application for Senator Vance’s office. The following items will be required:
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official High School Transcript and College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Official ACT or SAT Scores
A one-to-two-page essay explaining why you want to serve as an officer in the military
Completed application packets must be received by the close of business on Friday, September 15, 2023.
To apply for the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Merchant Marine academies, please download and complete the application packet below, and contact Academy Coordinator Steven Cook at (614) 369-4931 or by email at Steven_Cook@Vance.Senate.Gov.
A Congressional Nomination is not required for the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. To obtain information or an application, contact them directly.