WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator JD Vance (R-OH) issued the following statement on Tax Day:
“On this Tax Day, millions of hardworking Ohioans are faced with the difficult reality of making ends meet in the Biden economy,” said Senator JD Vance. “In just two short years, this administration has managed to bring about multiple bank collapses, it has caused the highest inflation rates we’ve seen in decades, and it has brought our economy to the brink of recession.
“Instead of building an economy that actually works for the American people, Joe Biden and the Democrats chose to raise our taxes and spend billions on an army of 87,000 IRS agents. Remember that as you file your taxes today. Remember that instead of using our tax dollars to secure the southern border or to police violent crime, Joe Biden and the Democrats chose to harass working-class families all over the country.”
- Joe Biden’s FY 2024 budget includes $4.7 trillion in new and expanded taxes.
- Joe Biden and Democrats passed legislation which:
- Instituted new reporting requirements for payment apps, such as Venmo, for yearly earnings as low as $600.
- Will massively expand the IRS with 87,000 new agents.
- Delivered over $80 billion in new mandatory funding to the IRS – six times more than the agency received through annual appropriations in 2022.